Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2/6/2013 Fishkill Town Board Meeting

This meeting was televised and is archived on the internet.

http://fishkilltownny.iqm2.com/Citizens/Detail_Meeting.aspx?ID=1068

Supervisor LaColla stated that the NYS Comptroller will be conducting a follow up audit of the town.

There was a Public Hearing on Outdoor Furnaces.

I speak at the 5 minute mark and asked the following agenda item questions.  There were questions about the proper use of Police DARE monies, and the Fishkill Supply Depot Burial Ground. I asked that the land be re zoned as a cemetery and reminded the board that a 1897 Fishkill Town Board resolution already recognized the site.

I then speak at the 1:04 minute mark and ask questions about the Hotel Tax, a possible lawsuit, a follow up on the earlier DARE question and a water rate increase that impacts town residents that buy water from the village. http://ozzyalbra.blogspot.com/2013/01/village-of-fishkill-to-raise-water-rates.html

I then asked why Councilman Buck acting as Police Commissioner. Was getting a office in the police department. He stated he was there to see what was going on, as he was hearing a lot of hearsay. Councilman Curry stated that Buck wanted a presence to meet with the Chief.

Buck asked me if I thought this was going to politicize the police department and I responded with absolutely. I also mentioned that this was going to set precedent.


No comments:

Post a Comment