Thursday, November 29, 2012

Councilman Buck claims that Supervisor LaColla denied him access to 2013 budget

This is the letter that Councilman Curry read for Councilman Buck. Who was absent for the 2013 budget vote. Buck claims that Supervisor LaColla ordered the Comptroller not to speak with any board member. Whats ironic about this claim. Is that before the letter was read. A citizen asked LaColla how the town was fiscally ruined. He responded by saying the previous Supervisor denied him access to the same thing that Buck is alleging.

Buck never mentioned any of this at any board meeting. Not only that, he never offered and alternative to the budget. He also never took this to the press or the citizens of Fishkill.

It is clear that Buck was trying protect himself and not the citizens of Fishkill. He can try all he can, but this 5-0 all GOP board, increased your taxes in Fishkill by 53%. He can duck, spin and weave all he want's. But Buck is one of the main reasons that your taxes are going up 53%.

Now here is the letter he sent to Curry to be read at the budget meeting while he was enjoying himself at his second honeymoon.


From: tony curry
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:59 AM
To: Becki Tompkins
Subject: Fwd: 2013 Budget


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: kurt buck 

Date: Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Subject: 2013 Budget
To: Tony Curry

I desire to be heard on this matter, and wish for Councilman Curry to read this letter to the public on the night of the meeting, November 19, 2012. I have noticed via newspaper articles that this budget will be voted on Monday, November 19, 2012. I vehemently request that we ask the state for an extension on the 2013 budget deadline of November 20, 2012. I absolutely must be present for this vote. This vote should have been taken before my departure on my honeymoon. But due to inclement weather on November 7th 2012, it caused us to cancel the public hearing that night, I was going to make a motion to take a vote on the budget that night. I viewed the public hearing regarding the budget. I am deeply concerned with the current budget in its current form. I understand we are in trouble, but we need to devise a B-plan, with a no more than a 21% increase. We can not burden the tax payers at this juncture, we must find other ways to cut, and bite the bullet. I am against this current budget and I would have voted no on the night of the public hearing. I will be back from vacation on Tuesday the 20th. I will be present at a Wednesday meeting if we should have one. I would like the opportunity to have access to the comptroller to make an attempt to devise a different budget, a more tax payer friendly budget. As it stands now, the supervisor did not give us, the Town Board access to the comptroller to even try a different budget, he ordered the comptroller not to speak with any board members regarding the budget, this is uncontainable, we as a Town Board is a collective governing body and all members should have equal and unrestricted access to the comptroller. Again, I am voting no on this budget. again, we can ask for an extension from the state, I thank you, Councilman Kurt Buck

Please note, that Buck found the time to attend the County Executives 2013 budget meeting at Fishkill Village Hall, where he acted as a greeter.


No comments:

Post a Comment