Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Fishkill Lorax

Facebook page about opposition to Splashdown expansion.

https://www.facebook.com/FishkillLorax


This Tuesday, November 20 is the ZBA meeting, a public hearing. Please, please come and help us stop this mess from ruining our beautiful town.
 · Comment · Share
  • Fishkill Lorax Once Fishkill's natural beauty has gone, once Steve Turk has spoiled it, it is gone for good. Please don't let this happen, come to the meeting, if it is anything like the last one, there will be fireworks!
  • Fishkill Lorax I'm trying Virginia.
  • Sandra Fortin Does anyone realize how tall these rides would be - they will tower over everything and these garish rides will define the new skyline of Fishkill.
  • Sandra Fortin The first ride to be constructed on the forme Estelle and Alfonso site will also stand on a large hill making the ride loom even larger. And most likely it will be lit up and have a Splashdown Flag flying from it. What an insult to the beauty and dignity of Fishkill.
  • Fishkill Lorax Sandra Fortin in my notes it says 128 ft high, but I can't find that number in the site plan. Does that ring a bell for you?
  • Sandra Fortin I thought it was more like 57 or 60 ft. That I was told is a six story building as ten feet is one story - needs research. It is in the minutes or ZBA early in the year, but I think Mr. Turk withdrew that request and re-submitted after he acquired the E & A property. I'll look for it in my notes. I am waiting for the minutes of the Nov. 8 meeting to be posted. Did not see him on Cablevision - wonder why.
  • Fishkill Lorax I thought I missed it, but was not in the mood for him anyway.
  • Sandra Fortin No - he was not on. Last night Mr Knips was on - he didn't seem to side one way or the other -
  • Fishkill Lorax Yes I saw him. He was at the last meeting, too.
  • Sandra Fortin January 12, 2012 mentions a 60 foot high tower. He states it needs a 15 ft. variance, but if 35ft is the height for Fishkill his math is wrong . He actually needs a 25ft. variance. It's in the planning board minutes, but he may be talking about a different ride.The minutes are a bit unclear at times about what he is talking about.
  • Sandra Fortin Can we ask what he pays for taxes? Even though he has commercial land he really has no enclosed structures to speak of. I think that is a big part on how they evaluate your property if I am not mistaken. We will need more emergency services and police for all the crowds he intends to bring in. I wonder if we can find out how many police calls responded to there.
  • Ida Pearce the bigger problem sandy is people don't realize it... they need an impact statement breakdown... they won't see it till its too late that the noise, traffic, light, congestion on route 9, commercialization, crowds, out of town influx... people don't G...See More
  • Sandra Fortin I think we found out what he was up to too late. Tell everyone who cares to be at the meeting. There is power in numbers. I wish I had more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment